22 May 2013

Nige's Birthday Card!

For those of you that know me know I can't cook! It's not so much the matter not liking it, I just can't lol.....I burn water! The girls would rather starve than eat anything I cook, good job I married Nige he loves cooking! It was his birthday yesterday & this is the card I made for him, he just looked & rolled his eyes & said 'ya best give me a kiss then!' & then fell about laughing....glad he liked it!

Anyhoos its the start of a new challenge over at The Stamping Chef, where this fortnight we want to to 

USE METAL!

so brads, charms, chain that sort of thing!



Challenges I Would Like To Enter
365 Cards- fab sketch
LEJ Designs- die cuts
Oldie But A Goodie- inspired by a song.. 'Ma Baker' Boney M  (my DCWV papers are my oldie)
Use It Tuesday- my DCWV papers *sob*
Artistic Inspirations- card for a man (hubbies birthday)
Incy Wincy - metal mania (charm)

Goodies I Have Used
Image- 'Culinary Claire' by The Stamping Chef'
5" x 7" card blank from Natalie & Amy's
Promarkers & Flexmarkers
Skin- coral, sunkissed pink, blush & icicle
Tim Holtz Distress Markers
Eyelid- chipped sapphire
Lips- barn door
Hair- vintage photo, rusty hinge & wild honey
Chefs hat- chipped sapphire & pumice stone
Shorts- chipped sapphire & barn door
Apron- chipped sapphire, barn door & pumice stone
Spoon- walnut stain & tea dye
Cake mix- tea dye & wild honey

Papers & Embellishmenst
DP & sentiment- 'Nana's Kitchen by DCWV
'Resplendent Rectangles' die cuts by Spellbinder from Natalie & Amy's
'Button' die cut from the 'button flower' set by Marianne D LR0164
'Doily' die cut by Nellie Snellon MFD020
Aqua divine twine
Blue card & charm my stash

Thank you for stopping by today, please pop over & see what fab creations my teamies have made & also check out details of the prizes up for grabs!
Hugs xx

20 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous card Shell love your layout and the saucy image! Susan x

DesignerDiva said...

Super card Shell love that image no wonder Nige liked it
hugs Laurie x

Sue said...

Fabulous card Shell, brilliant image and I love the papers and layout
hugs Sue xx

Janice said...

Wonderful! Thanks for joining 365 SSS this week!

Anonymous said...

lol your post made me smile. Such a gorgeous card, love the image and glad your hubby liked it. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie (owner) xx

Claire said...

This is brilliant Shell - I can just imagine his reaction LOL. Great to see you playing along with OBAG and a fab song choice which is now stuck in my mind!! Hugs, Claire x

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards!

Sandra H said...

l didn't know Shell you didn't cook or can't cook your made me lol!! your so amusing.....Gorgeous card though your hubby must of loved it take care xx

coops said...

ooo la la.fabulous card shell.stunning saucy image and I love your design :D

xx coops xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is brilliant Shell… I'm not surprised Nige loved this… she's gorgeous!! oh to have a figure like that…. LOL
Love the pretty papers and die cuts!
Hope you are well hun
Love and hugs
Sue xx

MagsB said...

What a fun card! (Though I wouldn't like to fry a steak in that outfit because the oil always spits - eep!!) Your colours are gorgeous, and the die-cut is so pretty!

Happy birthday to the Chef!!

love Mags B x

Sylvia Anderson said...

Hi Sweetie, I love this image, perhaps Nige would eat your cooking if you dressed like this Ha Ha x
Great card x
Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck x

Dewi Lestari said...

It's so pretty! Thanks for joining at Oldie but a Goodie: Inspired by a Song
Hugs
Dewi

Jules said...

Belated birthday wishes for Nige .. .. I hope he cooked himself something nice!! LOL!!

Great card.

I bet he loved it.

Love Jules xx

DesignerDiva said...

Me again on duty this time!
LOL LOL LOL what a fantastic song choice!! I LOVE it and I remember Boney M all too well lol
Hugs Laurie xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you so much for hoining in our current challenge over on the LEJ Designs Challenge No 54 - Die Cuts and /or Punches

Absolutely brilliant card. Cheeky image with wonderful backings. Love all the diecuts and the use of the primary bold colours.

I hope you will join us again for our future weekly challenges as there are always excellent prizes up for grabs.

Hugs Lisa xxxx LEJ Designs DT

Heather B said...

Ha, ha. Your comment about using your "loved" papers made me laugh. They look BEAUTIFUL on your card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fab sassy image and gorgeous die cuts and layout, love it
Lindsay xx

Anonymous said...

oh my ... such a sassy charming card. :)
Thanks for joining us over at 365cards :)

Rose said...

super fun card :) So glad you joined us on 365 Cards for our Sunday sketch this week