26 November 2013

Just Tag It!

Today is the start of a new challenge over at Try Stampin' On Tuesday, this week we have a fab challenge for you

TAG IT!

all you need to is make a tag, simples! There are lots of prizes up for grabs as well so you need to pop over & take a look!

The DT have also done tutorials on how they made theirs, so make sure you pop over here & leave then some love!
I decided to make a Christmas tag, but you don't have to.

I started off with a lot of my new Christmassy die cuts & some scraps of card 


I decided to use a pre done luggage label & not my label die cut. 
I then measure across the bottom of the tag & roughly tore some strips of 'white mist' card (tearing towards me, so I get the fluffy edge) I then coloured using Salty Ocean distress ink by Tim Holtz. I also coloured around the luggage label using Vintage Photo distress ink. After die cutting all my shapes out I colour tinted my mini snowmen & snowflake using Salty Ocean distress ink. I added faces & buttons to them using a Letraset fineliner.


I then layered up my snow & stuck it down, then added all my other die cuts. I just love the mini snowmen they are so sweet!


Challenges I Would Like To Enter
Lexi's Creations- Christmas
Crafty Calender- Christmas
Delicious Doodles- no design papers

Colouring Medium
Tim Holtz distress inks
'Salty Ocean' from Natalie & Amy's
'Vintage Photo' from Natalie & Amy's

Paper & Embellishments
My stash- 'White Mist' card, green & brown card 
'Luggage Label' Raymans

Tools & Glues
'Collall all purpose glue' from Natalie & Amy's
'Collall 3D glue with tools' from Natalie & Amy's
Sizzix Bigshot
'Flying Birds' die cut by Memory Box 98655 from Natalie & Amy's
'Mini Snowmen' die cut by Memory Box 98675 from Natalie & Amy's
'Christmas Village Decorations' die cut by Marianne D COLL330 from Natalie & Amy's 

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I really appreciate you stopping by my small part of the WWW! Don't forget the Try Stampin' On Tuesday DT have done tutorials on how they made their tags!

11 comments:

Judith said...

Aw how cute Shell - these are a great idea, so easy to make and much more special than shop boubht tags - they would look lovely with just kraft paper wrapping and maybe a gingham bow - very rustic me thinks. Hope your feeling better hugs Judith xx

Sandra H said...

Wow again this is another of your amazing creations lots of lovely embellis too .....take care xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A super cute tag Shell it looks fabulous! Susan x

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Shell ! I love the background you have created with the inks and the layered up paper for snow…looks fab! and those wee little snowmen are so cute!! it's a beautiful tag! :-)
Hope you are keeping well hun!
Take Care
Huge Hugs Sue xx

Basslady said...

totally gorgeous and stylish!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

coops said...

stunning tag shell.the winter scene looks gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

OttawaMom said...

A beautiful creation! The wee little snowmen are adorable!

Unknown said...

Love all of your fun little elements on this tag sooooo cute!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Jo said...

Fab tag Shell...those snowmen are the cutest! Thanks for joining us over at Lexi's Creations this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x

Mollie said...

Love your tag! Love the technique you used with the snow! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craftin' Desert Divas!!!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

What an absolutely fabulous and festive tag! Thanks for joining Craftin Desert Divas and I look forward to seeing your creation in the next challenge!

Hugs,
Kathy Jo