30 June 2014

Adorable!

This is my first post for today, please pop back later to see my creation for Natalie & Amy's challenge xx


Today see's my third creation for my guest designer spot over at Card Mania. I will say I am feeling rather please with myself...I don't know if you remember I wrote a few weeks back how I had only ever made 1 maybees 2 DL cards before & then Nige found an amazing bargain of 100 cream DL card blanks for £4. Well I have used my second one today....only 98 to go lol!! But I am loving thinking totally out of my comfort zone. It might sound silly but the thought of doing anything other than square scares me!!

Anyhoos enough of me yappin.....this fortnights challenge over at 'Card Mania' is ......

CIRCLES!

Now when I saw this theme I did wonder what to do, but then I had a brainwave & below is what I created....




I have had these stamps by Kanban for ages & ages! Only really got them because they were half price & I thought they were cute. As you can probably guess its the first time I have used them....& yeah they are really cute lol!


Challenges I Would Like To Enter
Come & Get It- animals
Robyn's Fetish- stripes or spots (spots)
Di's Digi Designs- lots of layers
Send A Smile 4 Kids- animals
Cute Card Thursday- circles

Images & Colouring Mediums
Images- 'Rocking Animals' by Kanban
Derwent Inktense pencils
Sheep- neutral grey, deep violet, cadmium orange, golden yellow, sherbet lemon, carmine pink & scarlet pink
Dawgy-oak, dusky purple,sea blue, cadmium orange & sherbet lemon
Pig- mauve, fuchsia, carmine pink, bright blue, cadmium orange & cadmium yellow

Papers & Embellishments
DP- 'Seasons' by HOTP
'So Cute & Adorable' from the sentiment tag set #24 by Lily of the Valley
My stash- baby blue pearls & peach card

Tools & Glues
'Collall' all purpose glue from Natalie & Amy's
'Collall 3D' glue with tools from Natalie & Amy's 
Sizzix Bigshot
'Circle' die cuts by X-cut 503416
'3 X 8 cream DL card blank' Nige's bargain find!

Thank you for stopping by today. Please pop over & see what fab creations the Card Mania DT have made
Hugs xx

8 comments:

MagsB said...

Yes, those are really cute animals! And how great they look on your DL card! Gorgeous!

love Mags B x

Bunny said...

Hey, Shell. These really are cute and adorable images. I love what you did with them. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny- DT

Michelle said...

This is an amazing card. I love the way the animals are popped off the page. Adorable stamps. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

Michelle (DT)

Barb said...

This is just gorgeous, loving what you've done with your cute stamp set. Great colors, design and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get It challenge this week. Barb DT

Sandra H said...

Stunning Shell as always x

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Shell I am GDT member too for Card Mania for three months and I wanna visiting the other GDT Blog and I see uuuiiih this cuuutee cute card...I love the circle behind the cute Animal...which stamp did you used...lovely coloring and lovely circles use too.. really FIT the Circle challenge...a little child who get your card will scream cause it is soo cuuuteee and sweet card..

Hope you like to visiting my post as GDT back...hugs, Monika

coops said...

so gorgeous shell.fab design with all the circles and the images are adorable :D

xx coops xx

Karen Hasheck said...

Cute card! I saw it linked at Send a Smile 4 Kids and had to come check out the card and your blog. I am now a follower of your blog and would love if you came over to my blog and become a follower there too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/