12 July 2014

'Hip, Hip, Hooray!'

I would like to introduce yo to the newest & most cutest member of the Swinscoe family!!

NICO!!

This little cutie arrived at our house on Monday. He is absolutely adorable & so diddy!
He is a clever baby to as by Wednesday he was litter trained & by yesterday sitting for treats!
Takes after his daddy I think. Don't tell Nige I said that, he might think I mean the smell lol!!
Nico is named after one of my favourite F1 drivers Nico Rosbergh
I was watching the F1 on Sunday night & when Rosbergh retired due to something wrong with his car, I decided it was gonna be Nico....& it really suits him, even tho he is a little hooligan!
If I haven't been around to visit your blog lately Nico is the reason, its the 4am feeds really thrown me lol. He did sleep through last night tho, so fingers crossed xx


Helping me colour!




It's the weekend again whoop! Means Gentleshaw tomorrow, I really do love going there, the best part of the job is all the cuddling of the animals we get to do. Anyhoos I hope you are all well this Saturday morning & as it's Saturday that can only mean one thing......a new challenge over at My Time to Craft. This fortnight we want to see some

PAPER PIECING!

on your creation, we are a multi craft site so its not just cards you can enter with.

I love the way paper piecing makes an image look, but to be honest I don't do it nearly as often as I should. I decided to use one of my Bebunni stamps for my make & I tried to keep it fairly clean & simples!



Challenges I Would Like to Enter
QKR Stampede- paper piecing
The Stamping Boutique- fussy cut (Bebunni)
As You Like It Challenge- animals...as you can see from the photos we have a new addition to our growing animal family...we already have a 9yr old Greyhound called Charlie. A 5yr old leopard gecko called Freddie & lots of tropical fish & now the super cute Nico has joined our family...
Southern Girls- circles (card candi)
Crafting With Dragonflies- CAS

Image & Colouring Mediums
Image- 'Hip, Hip, Hooray' from the Bebunni collection
Tim Holtz distress inks
Bow- fired brick & victorian velvet
Promarker/Flexmarker
Ground- warm grey 3, 2 & 1
All highlighted inks are available from Natalie & Amy's

Papers & Embellishments
'BIRTHDAY' cut using lots of scrap pieces of DP
My stash- card candi & purple card

Tools & Glues
'Collall' all purpose glue from Natalie & Amy's
'Collall 3D' glue with tools from Natalie & Amy's
'5" square white card blank' from Natalie & Amy's

Thank you for stopping by today, I really do appreciate you taking the time out of your day xx
Have a great weekend 
hugs xxx

14 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Shell I hope your ok! Aww Nico is soo cute! Your card is really good! I don't paper pierce much either but it looks really good so I will have to have a go at some point!

Love From Rebecca xx

Sarah said...

Such a fab card and the paper piecing is lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at AYLI and Good Luck!! Sarah

Susan Hogan said...

Ummm, what is Nicco? He looks like a badger? BTW love the card, the bunny is very cute and the paper piecing looks fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Awwwww Shell your Nico looks adorable, how small! Fabulous card hun love the image and great paper piecing. Susan x

Wynn said...

This is an adorable image Shell. Love the colour palette you've used too. That card candy really makes everything 'pop'. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies and I really hope you join us again and share your fab creations with us. Wynn DT x

bumblebee creations said...

Thanks for joining our challenge at TSB! Your card is adorable!!! Oh my, is Nico a skunk? Is he a pet?!! Aren't you afraid he will get spooked and spray in the house? He sure is cute, though!!

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Cute, fun card- love the candi!! thanks for playing with us at Southern Girls Challenge!

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my gosh...NICO is so cute!! Hope you do start getting some rest soon. I don't think I could do 4 am feedings again - LOL!

Awesome paper piecing on this Shell. Love the mix of patterns in your letters. A truly fun card! Hugs D

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Man how did you manage to take the time to paper piece all those letters!! Would drive me nuts!! Love Hazelx

Pat said...

Love your card Shell, great image and super paper piecing on the sentiment. Hope you are having a great time with Nico and that he is still settling in well.

Pat xx

Kim. said...

Oh your bebunni turned out so sweet, I was going to use one of those but there wasn't much to paper piece on the one's I have lol.
I hope Nico is still behaving himself, still no joy here but appointment on Friday with the council so hopefully that may turn up some hope!!
Kim x

karalschuknecht said...

This card is so cute, great paper piecing and beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining us this week for our Paper Piecing challenge.
Karal DT for QKR Stampede

Lyne said...

Oh my gosh - I didn't know you could train a skunk! Cute card too. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge

Jo said...

How cute is nico! Wow. Love the image and the wording being all different :)